LANGUAGE LEARNING MARKET CO.
Last modified: April 7th, 2020
At Language Learning Market Co. (‘LLM,’ ‘We’ or ‘Company’), we care deeply about privacy. We believe in transparency, and we’re committed to being upfront about our privacy practices, including how we treat your personal information. We know you care about your privacy too, so we provide settings that allow you to choose how certain information is used by Language Learning Market. This policy explains our privacy practices for LANGUAGELEARNINGMARKET.COM (which we’ll refer to as the “Website”).
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications or material you download from this Website, which may provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- User-Provided Personal Information: You provide us information about yourself, such as your name, e-mail address, and social media account information, other personally identifiable information (all referred to as "Personal Information") if you register for a User account with the website (including by "following," "liking," adding the LLM on social media, linking your account to LLM, etc., on a third party website or network). If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through the website or social media. You may provide us information, such as your public profile and comments that you post to the Website.
- Your search queries on the Website. Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information (billing and payment information) before placing an order through our Website.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, Website messaging system or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Third Parties with Whom we Share Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information to the following categories of service providers and other parties:
Visitors, When You Open a Store
If you choose to become a seller (“Seller”) on Language Learning Market, there are some additional contact details we collect to ensure that we can reach you and deliver your earnings payments in the method you choose. You’ll also have a store page and profile, where you can choose to provide additional details about yourself to your customers. The information you add to your store profile is information that visitors can see.
Sellers, When You Place an Order
When you place an order, your full name, city, state, and zip code will be visible to the Seller whose materials you purchased. Additionally, if you purchase hard goods, the Seller will see the shipping information you entered during checkout to enable them to ship your order.
The Public or Other Members, When You Connect, Share, or Communicate With Them
There may be features of our Services which allow you to:
- Post Content (Resources you upload, and communications you post such as comments, reviews, questions, or other public messages)
- Connect, communicate, and share information about yourself with other members
- Join and post messages in forums, groups, or communities
- Link your account to an organization using Language Learning Market for schools or other services that allow similar account connections
- Submit requests for Resources or participate in a shared wish list
- Display a public profile, and so on
By using any of these features, you’re choosing to share information about yourself and your Language Learning Market account activity with Language Learning Market, the public or with other Members. If you connect with another Member, for example by joining a group or Organization, or by accessing a Resource shared with you by another Member, the Members you interact with may be able to view certain information and activity associated with your account and that interaction.
How We Collect this Information
- Directly from you: When you provide it to us.
- Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a web page. Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third Party Analytics Services: Language Learning Market uses third party analytics services. See here for how Google uses data when you use our Service and how you may opt out (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Strictly necessary. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website or to provide the services requested by you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart, or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionality. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical/performance. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Google Analytics: The Website also uses Google Analytics to help understand how our Service is used by its community. For some of the advertising features listed below, like retargeting, data from Google Analytics may be combined with our first-party data and third-party cookies (like Google’s advertising cookies). See here for how Google uses data when you use our Services and how you may opt out (www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
- Other Analytics Providers. We also use other third-party analytics services. We use these analytics providers to help understand use of the Services. These analytics services collect the information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address, and their use of this information is governed by their privacy policies.
- Social Networks. These are used to enable you to interact with third-party social-networks when logged into our Website (subject to any preferences you set with those third-parties). Social networks may also work with us or with you for analytics or for marketing purposes, as discussed below. You may be able to manage your privacy preferences for these social networks and their tools and widgets via your account with the social network.
- Targeting and Marketing. Although we do not serve third-party advertising on our Website, we do work with third-parties to target advertising for our Website on the third-party websites. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These third-party service providers may use various cookies and similar technology to permit us and them to show you ads on third-party websites. These may include things such as:
- Frequency capping, which limits the number of times a user’s browser or mobile device displays the same ad;
- Attribution tracking, which estimates what advertising or marketing source brought someone to our Website, or determines what marketing source led to actions like a visit or a purchase;
- Remarketing, which shows relevant ads to an audience based on prior shopping and browsing patterns on our Website;
- Audience targeting, which refers to targeting advertisements to a large audience based on the audience’s known or inferred demographics; and
- Cross-device recognition, which recognizes actions across multiple devices or browsers.
Some third-party service providers may provide information like demographics, cross-device information, or interest categories from a combination of sources that, while not identifying you personally, permit us to provide you with more relevant and useful advertising. In some cases, this information may have non-marketing performance analytics uses as well. These technologies allow a partner to recognize your computer or mobile device each time you visit our Website or other websites and mobile applications based on data like a cookie, your IP address, or device ID, but do not allow access to other personal information from our Website. However, these technologies may allow us or a third party to recognize you, either from a single device or across devices, over time. These third parties are required to follow applicable laws, self-regulatory programs, and our data protection rules where applicable. However, Language Learning Market does not have control over these third parties, who each have their own privacy policies and privacy practices.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
Managing Cookie Technologies
You have the ability to control the use of certain cookies and similar technologies.
Opt-in and Opt-out on Browsers: You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Opt-out of Third-Party Networks: For more information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies, and the ability to-opt out from tracking by participating vendors, you can visit www.aboutads.info or, if you are in the EU (http://youronlinechoices.eu/). You also may visit the NAI’s site for additional options on how to opt out of interest-based advertising (at https://optout.networkadvertising.org).
Google Analytics Opt-out: For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI's consumer opt-out listed above). You may find out more and opt-out here: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and Opt-out here https://adssettings.google.com.
How We Use Your Information
We use the Personal Information you submit or that we collect to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Website and our Services. We use your information in order to (a) provide you with the Service under our agreement with you and (b) where we have a legitimate interest in doing so to optimize the Service we offer and to let you know about our other products, services and promotions.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Internally for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing service or technical problems, maintaining security, and personalizing content.
By providing us with your email address (which includes, but is not limited to linking your account to the Language Learning Market service on or through a third party website or network such as Google and Facebook), you acknowledge we may use the email address to send you Service-related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also acknowledge that we may send you notifications of activity on the Service to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages, such as newsletters, changes to features of the Service, or special offers.
Following termination or deactivation of your User account, we may retain your profile information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, contract performance and enforcement, or audit purposes but for no longer than is necessary and only where the information is accurate and relevant for our use. Furthermore, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information (including User Content) contained in your communications to other Users or posted to public or semi-public areas of the Service after termination or deactivation of your User account.
How We Share Your Information
Personal Information. We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others. We may share your Personal Information with third parties (such as hosting providers, payment processors, database providers, customer support providers) for the purpose of providing the Service to you. If we do this, such third parties' will be contractually bound to safeguard your Personal Information. We may store Personal Information in locations outside of our direct control (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers) on the basis of an agreement to safeguard your information.
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or dissolution.
Any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service, such as content that you "liked", your first and last name or your username, or placed into a collection and User Content, becomes available to the public (and may be searched by search engines), whether or not you are signed into your account. If you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
From time to time, we may run contests, special offers, or other events or activities ("Events") on the Service together with a third party partner. If you provide information to such third parties, you acknowledge they may use it for the purpose of that Event and any other use that you approve. We cannot control third parties' use of your information. If you do not want your information to be collected by or shared with a third party, you can choose not to participate in these Events.
Non-Personal Information. We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for certain Language Learning Market services.
Targeting and Marketing. Although we do not serve third-party advertising on our Website, we do work with third-parties to target advertising for our Website on the third-party websites. These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- (a) conform to the law, comply with legal process served on us or our affiliates, or investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities;
- (c) support legitimate interests, such as sharing Personal Information with payment processors and third parties who provide fraud detection services; and
- (d) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Language Learning Market, our Users or others. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How We Protect Your Information - Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Compromise of Personal Information
"Do Not Track" Signals. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a "do not track" signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of "do not track" in this context. Like many other websites, the Website is not configured to respond to "do not track" signals from browsers. Click here to learn more about "do not track" signals -https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Decline to Submit Information. You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Service, in which case LLM may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Update Account Information. You may update or correct your account information and email preferences at any time by logging in to your account settings page. You can also exercise any of your rights by contacting us directly at Privacy@LanguageLearningMarket.com.
- Unsubscribe from emails. To unsubscribe from a particular newsletter, click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of that email newsletter. When we send newsletters to subscribers we may allow advertisers or partners to include messages in those newsletters, or we may send dedicated newsletters and marketing messages on behalf of those advertisers or partners. We may disclose your opt-out choices to third parties so that they can honor your preferences in accordance with applicable laws.
- Options concerning third-party ad networks. We do not have third party ads on our Website but we do use third parties to target our own ads on other websites. For more information about third-party ad networks and services that use these technologies, you can visit www.aboutads.info and click here to opt out or to learn more about your options. You also may visit the NAI's site for additional options on how to opt out of interest-based advertising.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at Privacy@LanguageLearningMarket.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Data Transfers outside the EEA
If you are resident in the European Union, please note that as we are located in the United States, when you provide us with your Personal Information we will process it in countries outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), such as the United States, which may not provide the same level of data protection as in your jurisdiction. This is necessary in order to perform our Services. Regardless of where your Personal Information is located, we will adopt measures to protect your Personal Information as set out below. We have adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards which substantially mirror the EU safeguards against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of data in our possession.
All data collected by us through the Website will be stored exclusively in secure hosting facilities provided by Amazon Web Services. We have a data processing agreement in place with our provider, ensuring compliance with the GDPR. All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations. All transfers of data from the EEA is done in accordance with this data processing agreement. If you are a user located in the EEA, we exclusively store and process Personal Data in the EEA.
EEA Residents / GDPR: If you are located in the EEA, or if otherwise required by applicable law, you also have the following rights in relation to your information:
- Inspection and access: you can request from us a summary and a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you;
- Correction/addition/removal: where you believe your information is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request us to correct, amend or delete it;
- Portability: you may request that we send you any Personal Information that you have provided to us or ask that we send this information to a third party;
- Objection: you may object to us using your Personal Information where we use it based on our legitimate interests to do so;
- Restriction: you may request that we restrict the processing of your information where you believe it is inaccurate, our processing is unlawful, you believe we no longer need the information or if you have objected to our use of it; and
- Automated Decision Making: where we undertake automated decision making (including profiling), which significantly affects you, you are entitled to object to such decision-making.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority for data protection in your jurisdiction.
Children Under the Age of 13
By Mail: 550 North Central Expwy #962
McKinney, TX 75070 USA
VeraSafe has been appointed as Language Learning Market's representative in the European Union for data protection matters, pursuant to Article 27 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union. VeraSafe can be contacted, in addition to Language Learning Market's contact information above, only on matters related to the processing of personal data. To make such an inquiry, please contact VeraSafe using this contact form: https://www.verasafe.com/privacy-services/contact-...
VeraSafe Ireland Ltd
Unit 3D North Point House
North Point Business Park
New Mallow Road